Notice to patients. When booking an appointment for the Doctor or Nurse the Partners have requested that receptionist staff ask what the appointment is for. This is to ensure you are booked with the most appropriate person.
Routine Pre-bookable Appointments:
These can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance and are suitable if you do not need to be seen urgently, want a convenient time for you and want to specify a particular doctor. Our extended hours appointments on a Tueday evening, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings are also pre-bookable up to 4 weeks in advance. There are various times allocated to these appointments for the doctors and the nurses in the mornings, afternoons and early evening.
Book on the Day Appointments:
These are only available on the day you want to be seen and are booked from 8.00am when the appointment line opens. They are suitable for you if you can come to the surgery when there is an available appointment and you do not mind which doctor you see. There are only a fixed number each day and when they are gone they are gone!
If you would like to speak to a doctor or nurse on the telephone and do not feel that you need an appointment to be seen you can ask for a telephone appointment. These may also be used if you feel you need advice from a doctor urgently but all book on day appointments are gone. Please be reassured that if on talking to you the doctor feels that you need to be seen they will invite you to come in.
Online appointments are now available at the surgery, to use this facility you will need to register with the practice, we are currently contacting those patients who have already shown an interest in this service. If you have not already registered and would like to please speak to reception.
Dedicated Telephone line to cancel appointments:
If you need to cancel an appointment you can now leave a message on a dedicated line. Ring 01793 482824 and leave a message with your name, appointment date and time. We will then cancel this appointment for you. This service is available 24 hours a day.
You do not need an appointment if:
- You have a routine repeat prescription enquiry - please speak to the receptionist or email your request
- You need a continuing sick note and have already seen a doctor about your current illness - the receptionist can speak to the doctor about this for you
- You need a certificate signing - please speak to the receptionist, there may also be a charge
- You need a routine blood pressure check - please drop into reception and a trained member of staff can do this for you
- You need results from a routine test - this can be given over the phone if the result has been reviewed by the doctor